Love The Beatles? Then Join Us!
Anytime At All, Eight Days A Week...

"What is life?"

This Beatles Forum is for anything and everything about the Fab Four that has no other category below. Obviously it's for news articles too. So, post your information here in the "Things We Said Today Forum".
BungalowBill
Back In The USSR
Back In The USSR

"What is life?"

Sat May 09, 2020 3:08 am

Who is the young girl dancing in George Harrison's "What is life?" video? She looks like she could be related to him. As far as I know his only kid was Dhani.

Julia
Glass Onion
Glass Onion

Re: "What is life?"

Sun May 10, 2020 3:09 am

Ah, in the UK "What is life?" was the B-side to "My Sweet Lord" in 1971.
In 2014, George Harrison's widow, Olivia, and their son, Dhani Harrison, held a contest for people to create a video for the song.
If good enough, it would become the official video.

Brandon Moore won by a country mile with his video showing Emma Rubinowitz from the San Francisco Ballet Company.
Watch the video carefully and it follows life from conception to birth then childhood and so on.
Also featured in the video is the boy she meets as she goes through life, Esteban Hernandez, from the same company.

I agree with Olivia and Dhani.
We were totally surprised and delighted by this video and it was a clear favourite for both of us. The dancer really expressed unbounded joy, and managed to capture the spirit of “What is Life” through movement, which the director captured beautifully.
This video is very clever highlighting the various stages of life although not altogether obvious at first.
Emma Rubinowitz is a very beautiful girl and there is a hint of Kate Bush with both her looks and the dancing.
All in all, a worthy video to accompany a great song.

Brummie
Glass Onion
Glass Onion

Re: "What is life?"

Mon May 11, 2020 10:24 pm

I thought she had a connection to George Harrison for a few years until recently.