Love The Beatles? Then Join Us!
Anytime At All, Eight Days A Week...

Your Favourite Beatles Album

The Beatles' Albums are full of unique and fantastic songs which we all know and love. With this in mind, discuss the Fab Four's albums and EPs here. Indeed, we call this area "The Past Masters Forum".
Rydell
Back In The USSR
Back In The USSR

Re: Your Favourite Beatles Album

Hey I guess I'm new to the group. I was born Aug. 15th 1968 in the wee hours at a Naval Hospital in San Diego Calif. and my understanding is that Paul McCartney was in Abbey Road studios halfway round the world finishing up Rocky Raccoon.

I believe The Beatles White Album to be the greatest art and possibly event of the twentieth century. I think it's mainly due to it not really being a traditional music LP collection of 'songs,' vs. a response, a revelation and a news report of 1968 and curiously enough 1968 America.

I consider the Beatles work genius and would agree that all of their work COMBINED is the genius but it is The Beatles: White Album that is sort of THE PROOF of that equation.

Dazza
Back In The USSR
Back In The USSR

Re: Your Favourite Beatles Album

Rydell wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:29 pm
I believe The Beatles White Album to be the greatest art and possibly event of the twentieth century.
I doubt many would argue the toss with you on this.
It's quite amazing that we are still in "The Beatles Period", what I mean is the art is here and now and will be here in hundreds of years time.
We are still living and loving it.
God knows what future generations will make of it but I suspect they will think that we were the privileged ones!