Love The Beatles? Then Join Us!
Anytime At All, Eight Days A Week...

The complete Rooftop Concert Vinyl

This Beatles Forum is for anything and everything about the Fab Four that has no other category below. Obviously it's for news articles too. So, post your information here in the "Things We Said Today Forum".
Lesterb
Back In The USSR
Back In The USSR

The complete Rooftop Concert Vinyl

Hello all

Just getting into the Beatles although, being primarily an Elvis fan, I’ve always admired then from afar.

Ive just bought 9 of the 2012 remastered vinyls plus the Past Masters, the blue album and had already the red album (analogue) and the Parlophone 76 compilation Rock N Roll music. I understand that the general consensus appears to be that the mono mixes are superior to the stereo/ binaural mixes but i must say that I’m very impressed by the sound quality of these vinyls so far.

I am total newbie regarding dealer connections and, indeed, releases like The complete Rooftop Concert on vinyl. Can anyone tell me what sound quality to expect on such a title and if there are other live performances of good quality to be had please.

The albums that I haven’t got through choice are Yellow Submarine, Magical Mystery tour and Let It Be (like the content but cannot bear the over powering overdubs). Ive heard Let It Be Naked which I find much more preferable to the original but am not prepared to pay £100 + for or the vinyl.

Lastly, is there anything else that I should be looking at? Curious about the anthology series on vinyl and the bbc triples (sound quality?)

Thanks for any help

Dazza
Back In The USSR
Back In The USSR

Re: The complete Rooftop Concert Vinyl

I might go against the grain here a bit because I prefer stereo recordings and clean CD versions :mrgreen: