Love The Beatles? Then Join Us!
We are busy updating The Cavern Club, please bear with us - in fact bookmark us because we wont be too long!

George Martin

Obviously over the years, The Beatles have had connections with many people. In fact, some have the name of The Fifth Beatle. Therefore, discuss all the influential people to have an involvement with The Beatles.
Julie
Glass Onion
Glass Onion

George Martin

Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:54 pm

George Martin

I am not saying or describing George Martin as the fifth Beatle but showing an opinion of one person.
This video is an opinion of an American vlogger and he says this in the video of course.
The claim of The Fifth Beatle is obviously a personal opinion.

Last edited by Julie on Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pudsey
Back In The USSR
Back In The USSR

Re: George Martin

Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:38 pm

George Martin added so much to The Beatles.
I am not even sure we should have a fifth Beatle but I think we all know what it's all about.

Brummie
Glass Onion
Glass Onion

Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm

George Martin helped to shape the sound quite a bit, well a lot actually.
It's John, Paul, George and Ringo.
However, if there is such a thing as a fifth Beatle it would have to be George Martin.

Julie
Glass Onion
Glass Onion

Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:08 pm

Brummie wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm
However, if there is such a thing as a fifth Beatle it would have to be George Martin.
It was just an accident where all the right people managed to meet up at the right time.
Any other combination and The Beatles might not have been the same.
I wanted to say that George Martin was the fifth Beatle but didn't, well now I am.
Thinking about things carefully, I personally think that without George Martin, those songs would not have sounded like they do.
Sure the songs might still exist, but George's efforts, commitment and an eye or ear for fine detail ensured success.
Sometimes in life things slot together perfectly and The Beatles, Epstein and George Martin slotted together perfectly.

While it was obvious Epstein was battling with personal problems, George Martin kept his cool.
Its such a shame that it was all over in a relatively short space of time.
However, George Martin allowed The Beatles to develop and he nurtured their music.
The Beatles' music was safe in George Martin's hands and as we see this continued for decades after too.
Fifth Beatle?
There really is only one contended for this title if people insist on using the phrase fifth Beatle.

If The Beatles hadn't broke up, we would have had many more classic songs and albums.
We can't change history, what happened was such a long time ago.
But the fact is it all happened and was real.
Thanks to George Martin, because without him, the reality is that The Beatles may have headed for a journey into the unknown.
Basically, I put it down to the attention of detail which George Martin was a master of.

Fred
Back In The USSR
Back In The USSR

Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:26 pm

Julie, I think you are correct. If you see George Martin at work, you will see just how passionate it is. There's a little video I saw a while back which I can't find now but would prove a point. For me, the fifth Beatle is George Martin - if we have to say there was a fifth Beatle :cheers:

Spotlight
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 pm

The fifth Beatle will always be George Martin for me.
Take almost any song from The Beatles discography and you will see and hear his influence.
The Beatles discography is a complete A-Z song list of all songs by the Fab Four, check them out.